- 1/2 cup Crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Sliced and toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup Golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Green onion, sliced
- 1 Mango (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 3/4 cup Pearl (Israeli) Couscous
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 dash Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Rice vinegar
For the vinaigrette:
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, salt, crushed red pepper and garlic until combined. Stir in cilantro and cover and refrigerate until ready to use
For the Salad:
In a medium saucepan, cook the couscous for 1 minute in oil over medium-low heat to lightly toast, stirring frequently. Add water and reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
To assemble, transfer couscous to a large bowl and stir in dressing, mango, green onions, bell pepper and raisins; cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving sprinkle with almonds and feta.