Durham Co-op Market Board of Director Application:
The steps for running for the Durham Co-op Market Board of Directors include:
1. Submit a Candidate Statement:
Your candidate statement should cover the following questions in paragraph form. Your response will be published as your Candidate Statement on the DCM election ballot, and will be your opportunity to share your story with the ownership. Please limit your response to two paragraphs, 500 words max.
· Why do you want to serve on the Durham Co-op Market Board of Directors?
· What skills, experience or training do you bring to the Board?
· What experience do you have with cooperatives, grocery stores, financing, construction or business operations?
· What else would you like the DCM members to know about you?
2. Complete at least one of the following to learn more about serving on the board:
· Attend a board meeting;
· Meet with a board member in person;
· Come hang out with us and ask questions about what it means to be a board member during Neighbor Day at the co-op on Sunday, September 9th.
· Contact email@example.com to attend a board meeting or arrange a meeting with a current member.Please reach out if you have questions or would like to talk to a board member before applying.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to attend at least one board meeting prior to the election. All meetings take place 7-9pm at the Community Family Life & Recreation Center located at 1309 Halley Street:
· Wednesday, September 12th
· Wednesday, October 10th
3. Attend the Annual Owner Meeting on Sunday, November 4th to introduce yourself to the DCM community. You will have the chance to speak to and take questions from the ownership.
All applications and questions about running for the Board should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for all applications is October 1, 2018. Voting will take place October 22- November 8.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of the Durham Co-op Market!