Vendor and Product Ambassador
Durham Co-op Market is a cooperatively-owned grocery store on West Chapel Hill Street in Durham, NC. The co-op is open to all shoppers, and offers local, organic, and natural food and other products. DCM reinvests profits back into the community, practices sustainability, and fosters a positive, respectful workplace. We are built by Durham and dedicated to serving Durham.
Vendor and Product Ambassador
Purpose: Introduce products and provide education to customers. Tell stories about local economies, sustainability, organics, and deliciousness. Promote sales and create a buzz in the store. Gather customer feedback on products. Represent the co-op at community events and share your enthusiasm about the store, our vendors, and the products to new people. The best fit for this job loves local farms, local products, cooking, eating, talking, meeting people and shares our dedication to environmental sustainability and social equity while upholding our mission and vision policies.
Status: Part-time or Full-Time, hourly
Reports to: General Manager
- Provide outstanding customer service; ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Perform product demonstrations throughout the store.
- Schedule and coordinate in store demos with vendors.
- Perform product demonstrations and provide further information about the store to guests at community events.
- Sell products through sampling, cooking/serving suggestions, and personal experience.
- Craft stories about vendors and product attributes that highlight store values and tie in to the co-op’s mission.
- Creatively merchandise demo products.
- Ensure demos are effectively and efficiently facilitated including set up and clean up.
- Partner with the Marketing Associate on signage and any additional marketing materials.
- Work with department managers to learn about and transmit information about products and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values and company philosophy.
- Ability to understand and convey to others the differentiating factors about our products.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Durham Co-op Market is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We look for team members who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and members of other historically marginalized or hard-to-employ communities are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regards to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To learn more about Durham Co-op Market visit durham.coop.
Interested applicants, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.