1. Nello’s Sauce is made from the absolute finest vine-ripened U.S. tomatoes. Just like you would if you had the time, we blend and cook down the tomatoes to achieve perfect consistency and flavor. Take a look at most other sauces, the first ingredient listed will be “Tomato Paste,” “Tomato Puree,” or even “Water!” Because of our commitment to the best tomatoes, the result is a sauce with incomparable flavor. It’s no surprise the well-known cookbook author Fred Thompson says of Nello’s, “Your sauce is perfect in its flavor!”
2. Nello’s Sauce is made from scratch in small batches in North Carolina. We take great pride in hand-crafting our delicious sauces.
3. Nello’s Sauce has a lot less salt that the competition but much, much more flavor! Take a look at most other sauces, even premium brands. It’s typical to see per 1/2 cup serving sodium levels skying as high as 300 or 400 milligrams, even more! Nello’s Southern-Crafted Premium Marinara (14oz and 25oz size), Nello’s Hot Pepper Pasta Sauce (14oz and 25oz size), and the innovative Nello’s Piedmont Pomodoro Sauce with lavender and thyme (14oz and 25oz size) all have only 230 milligrams.
4. Nello’s Sauce is vegan (meat and dairy free). Only simple ingredients born from the ground up are found in Nello’s Sauce.
5. Nello’s Sauce is a cholesterol-free food, so those who need to watch their diet can feel good about eating it.
6. Absolutely no high fructose corn syrup is used in Nello’s Sauce, nor is there any MSG or those suspicious “Natural Flavors.”
7. Nello’s Sauce is naturally gluten free. You’d think this would be the case for all tomato sauces, but you’d be surprised. Celiacs rejoice!
8. Many sauces, sadly, add sugar to mask bad ingredients (as is also typical with the addition of salt). Not Nello’s. No added sugar.
9. Only 100% cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is used in Nello’s Sauce. No soy-based or corn-based oils whatsoever. EVOO is superior because it has the lowest acidity of all the olive oils and, simply put, has a better taste.
10. Tomatoes are very high in lycopene, a carotene, which has been shown to have many benefits for your body. Lycopene is made more readily for your body when combined with the fats in olive oil and also when cooked.
11. Nello’s is a good source of both Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Because we use whole tomatoes, not processed ones, our sauces retain many of their vital nutrients. They are also rich in Potassium, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Vitamin K, and Niacin.
12. Nello’s comes not only in a larger 25-ounce jar, but also in a 14-ounce jar, which is rare for tomato sauces. Sometimes you just need less for a meal, so you can save your pennies but still get the best.
13. Nello’s Sauce, in the words of Amanda Hernandez, Registered Dietitian, is both “the best pasta sauce ever made” and “the freshest pasta sauce” she has ever had. Dietitians know the difference.
14. The tomatoes used in all Nello’s products are grown using age-old methods, such as open pollination and hybridization, not genetic modification.