Durham Co-op is looking for a great new Deli Manager to join our team!
Please email questions, resumes and/or applications to email@example.com by January 14th.
Objective: To provide Durham Co-op Market customers with high quality, good tasting, safe and nutritious food for their pleasure and convenience. Coordinate and oversee all deli operations to ensure the fulfillment of high quality product to meet all daily deli department production requirements. These include but are not limited to the coffee bar, sandwich bar, smoothies, bagels, and specialty. To develop and fulfill the food service needs of high quality special events both internal and external to the Durham Co-op Market.
Status: Full time position.
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: deli staff
Excellence in customer service is our primary goal. No other task should ever come before serving our customers.
1. Customer Service
Cultivate a staff focused on providing excellent customer service to every customer in every interaction. Train and learn from staff to create an environment of shared knowledge about products, processes and techniques to create a great customer experience. Represent the best vision of Durham Co-op Market through outstanding service to our community.
2. Menu, Product Selection, Ordering, and Pricing
Tailor our deli offerings to meet exceed the expectations of our customers. Evaluate, invent, and revise our menus, promotions, and specials to create excitement and joy among our customers. Train and support all employees to be able to execute all menu items with consistency, speed, excellence, and cleanliness.
Create and maintain a clear and comprehensive system for placing orders that ensures we have everything we need at all times. Ensure timely and accurate labeling of deli products, including both price and ingredient information, paying special attention to allergens and dietary restrictions.
3. Department Operations and Safety
Ensure that we maintain a safe environment for employees and customers. Implement measures for safe food handling and preparation, equipment operation, and department maintenance. Develop systems and ensure their implementation to maintain accurate, updated records of product cost, production, and losses. Train all employees to use these systems consistently.
Manage hiring, training, scheduling and feedback for all deli employees with a focus on equitable treatment and personal professional development. Communicate with all staff and facilitate communication between staff to allow for maximum contribution from every employee and equitable skill building across the deli. Set clear, measurable performance expectations and ensure that they are understood and followed.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in retail management
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in food service
- Experience in deli operations, commercial cooking, baking, recipe development
- Experience in personnel management (interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation and discipline)
- Proven ability to develop and implement budgets and to adhere to cost and margin requirements
- Previous experience with ordering, pricing and inventory control
- Strong organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and assess systems for efficient and productive operations
- Commitment to superior customer service and to providing the highest quality shopping experience possible
- Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment where teamwork and constant communication is essential
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
For the full job description, click here: Deli Manager – Job Description