Norm’s Farms is at the forefront of one of the most sustainable and exciting new crops: Elderberry. This emerging superfruit is packed with Vitamins A, B and C , iron, potassium, and the powerful antioxidants known as anthocyanins. The plants are a hardy perennial, and are naturally disease resistant. Surprisingly, only 10% of the elderberries consumed in the US are actually grown here; the other 90% are grown in Europe. We’re working to change that by selling plants and making value-added elderberry products.
Norm’s Farms, founded by Ann, Rodger, and Erin Lenhardt in Pittsboro, NC, is a way of carrying on Norm’s work and vision. The Norm’s Farms family believes in the sustainable production of healing foods made with natural, simple ingredients–just like the elderberries Norm’s Farms grows. Because the Norm’s Farms family recognizes that their small Missouri farm cannot keep up with the company’s demand, they have begun working with small family farmers in North Carolina to help establish elderberry orchards or a partial Elderberry Farm. Norm’s Farms will have a local source of elderberries for their products in addition to those grown in Missouri.