Wine & Beer Associate, Part Time
Durham Co-op Market is looking for a Wine & Beer Associate to help grow our innovative Wine & Beer Department. The ideal candidate has retail experience, preferably focused on Wine and/or Beer, and a desire for intense on-the-job education. Candidates should be detail-oriented, up for some heavy lifting, and passionate about the pleasures of good drink and good food. The position is part-time, starting at three days a week. MUST be available Sundays and Mondays, otherwise the hours are flexible.
Objective: To provide excellent customer service, maintain the Wine & Beer Department, and assist the Wine & Beer Coordinator with purchasing and receiving.
Status: Part Time Position (12-16 hours/week), paid hourly. Must be available Sundays and Mondays.
Reports to: Wine & Beer Coordinator
- Commitment to superior customer service and to providing the highest quality shopping experience possible
- Motivated, self-starter with a desire to succeed and exceed expectations
- Passion for BOTH Wine & Beer and a strong desire to learn
- Customer service or retail experience
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Passion for good food and drink and the pleasures therein
- Desired experience, but not required:
- Wine and/or Beer knowledge
- Understanding of cooperative business model
If you have questions, or are interested in applying for this position, please email any questions, your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or return an application in store. Put “ATTN: Wine & Beer” at the top.